Friday, January 23, 2009

A Touch Of Gold



What girl doesn't love gold? I was recently invited to join a Chunky Book Swap themed "A Touch Of Gold". I have only done one such book before this, so I was very excited to get going. I sent my pages to the host on Monday and she has them in her hot little hand already. We will be getting all 20 pages back in the mail in the next week or so. If you've never participated in a book swap, it's such fun. A theme is selected and a group of people (in this case, 20) each come up with a design, make enough for each participant, and then the pages are swapped, allowing each participant to have 20 different pages. The host also assigns the front and back covers to one person so that when you receive the book, it is all ready to be bound. I did a swap for Halloween and the pages were awesome. I am anxioius to get the new pages and get them bound. I will post some pics when I get it done and will also get the Halloween book photographed. Here is the group of pages "in progress" and the nearly finished product. Hang in there with me-I will work on my photography skills!

3 comments:

  1. It seems lovely, Karriann! And your work looks GREAT! Can't wait to see the finished thing.
    Monica x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last, I found you! Trying before got me an error message.

    It will be exciting to see the finished product of these pages because I am in this swap, too.

    I'll be back to check in on what you have been doing. This does not look like a beginner's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You, Jane! You are another artist who has given my lots of inspiration. I keep thinking that one of these days I will get to the point of doing art with fabric, but it would take many moons to get to the point you are at. Looking so forward to seeing the Gold book.

    ReplyDelete