Friday, January 23, 2009

Empty-Nest Relief


My weekend is starting off to be a great one. My hubby and I are empty-nesters as of last January. I figured myself for one of those women who, the day her last child left home, would quietly crawl into bed under the sheets and cry until I had gotten it all out of my system. I have done rather well with the whole thing, but I still get so happy when one of the boys comes for a visit, which is the case today. My youngest son, Robert, decided to come to Mom's house for a little R&R, taking some time away form his wildly busy schedule. He is a full-time student at NAU and works at a tire shop 25 or so hours per week. Add to this his social life and you can see why I am so happy he had time to visit. We plan to catch up, watch a few movies, nosh and go to dinner. One of the things I love most about my kids is that they all have a great sense of humor. When they are here there is plenty of laughter- I will enjoy every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment