Friday, November 6, 2009

Stuff It!

I am forever amazed and excited at the fun things I come across out in blogland. Today, as I was surfing my regular haunts, I decided to take some time to see what was up with their favorites. Look what I found!!!



The International League of Championship Matchbox Stuffers . I had to go see what this was all about and now the creative brain juices are flowing. I have never seen so much fun packed into such a small place. It seems these crafty people take ordinary matchboxes, add their own special touch by decorating them, and cleverly stuff them with...STUFF!!! Lots of stuff! What a fun idea. Anyone who loves tiny bits and bobs will love these photos.
Here are a couple I whipped up this morning to give you an idea of what I'm talking about-one with a Christmas theme, and one Asian. Quick & easy, but I haven't stuffed them yet.




This got me thinking-are there a few of you out there who would be interested in doing a stuffed matchbox swap? I think it would be a blast and I would love to host the swap if there is enough interest. I think 10 would be a great number, so if you are interested, leave me a comment and tell your friends-let's have some fun!

4 comments:

  1. Well now those are too cute! I may have to try to decorate those tiny cuties:) Can't wait to see more. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I would love to! How much does it involve, do you have to do the inside too? I need to see more, please!!!!
    I might be able to make them!!
    Cheers,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of miniature art Love these little things and love them when I get them as art trades they are so sweet in a little bowl or basket !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had my emails, Karriann, this is the only 'secure' way to write to you!!;))
    Hugs,
    Monicax.

    ReplyDelete