I want to be just like my dog. And here are the reasons why:
1. She thinks I'm just perfect when I get outta bed in the morning.
2. She looks better in most of her outfits than I do in mine. And even if it's not her best look, her self-esteem dictates that she feel super-cute.
3. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. I know not all dogs are this way, but I kid you not-she lets her 2 cat siblings have a nibble or two of her food before she partakes. And no necks are broken!
4. The tiniest things excite her so much, even if she has done them a million times. How exciting can it be to walk around the block? Apparently, pretty exciting!
5. She is more perceptive than Dr. Phil. If I'm upset or feeling down, she is aware of it almost before I am and is always at the ready with a sweet, sloppy doggie kiss.
6. She assumes that everyone is a friend (even other dogs and cats) and that no one means her harm.
7. She can fall asleep in the middle of a hard tile floor on her back, legs pointing to the sky. I'm getting to the age where I can no longer take for granted a good night's sleep and you can forget about that tile floor.
8. She doesn't have any baggage from being abandoned a few times in her life or because her Mom put her on a diet.
9. Even when she's grouchy she's not.
10. She starts each day with a huge dog-smile on her fuzzy face and with the knowing strut of one who is just bound to have a great day.